Safety & Quality
Safety and quality are at the core of everything we do at Flint and put into practices in all our operations. With industry-leading policies and more quality certifications than our competitors, Flint is the clear choice for quality work done safely.
Heath, Safety & Environment
Committed to Excellence. Committed to Safety.
Safety is not a choice, it’s a lifestyle. We want our people to arrive home safely every day.
Every employee is responsible and accountable for the company’s overall safety initiatives. We believe in ensuring the safety of all our employees and our clients. Safety is at the Core of our business.
We attribute the quality of the work we do and the success of Flint to the values we share. We are recognized for the exemplary contributions to foster and promote environment, health and safety excellence in our work.
Safety Awards & Recognition
Flint values a high level of safety in the workplace, and has implemented an Awards and Recognition program to recognize the efforts by our employees. We want to deliver a clear message about our culture, and expectations regarding the safety of our employees. This program aims to encourage, recognize and award our employees for working safely, participating in the Joint Health and Safety Committees, reporting safety hazards, and reinforcing the refusal of unsafe work.
On an annual basis, we select a winner for the CEO's Safety In Action District Award of Excellence and CEO's Safety In Action Divisional Award of Excellence. We also award individual and team performance.
Quality Work Done Safely
Flint is certified to operate in accordance with the following safety codes and reference standards:
- 225 Approved Weld Procedures
- ASME Section I Power Boilers
- ASME Section IV Heating Boilers
- ASME Section VIII, Division 1 Pressure Vessels
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping/Boiler External Piping
- ASME B31.5 Refrigeration Piping
- ASME B31.9 Building Services
Welding material includes:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Super Duplex
- ASME B31.3 Indirect Fired Heater Coils
- API 530 & ASME B31.3 Direct Fired Heaters
- CSA Z662 Steam Pipelines
- Category A,B,C,H Fittings in Accordance with CSA B51 & ASME B31.3
- Performance Qualification of Welders and Welding Operators in Accordance to ASME Section IX
- CSA Standard W47.1-Divsion 2 Certification of Companies for Fusion Welding of Steel
Weld procedure processes include:
Flint maintains active membership with:
- Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Partners in Compliance (PIC)